Become a VolunteerGet involved by giving your time
At Thrive Memphis, participants have the opportunity to socialize and meet new people in supportive settings. Volunteers should be willing to be a friend to our participants as well as be willing to assist with activities. We serve our participants’ social, recreational and continued educational needs by offering cultural field trips, daily exercise, sports, music classes, social skills classes, gardening, culinary arts, and much more. Volunteering at the Thrive Memphis leaves an impact on the lives of all that participate.
- All volunteers must go through a brief orientation and fill out a volunteer packet. A background check is also completed for all volunteers. New volunteers will be contacted once approved.
- Once approved as a volunteer, volunteers are welcome whenever Thrive Memphis is open.
- Volunteers of many ages help at Thrive Memphis. Volunteers under the age of 16 should obtain permission from the Thrive Memphis Volunteer Coordinator before volunteering.
- Remember that participant information is strictly confidential.
- Dress appropriately. Short should be mid thigh or longer. Spaghetti strap tops, gym shorts and flip flops are not permitted.
- Personal belongings, especially electronics and cell phones, should remain in the business hub. Thrive Memphis is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings.
- Volunteers are NEVER to be alone with participants.
- Thrive Memphis is a smoke-free facility.
Fill Out Your Volunteer Packet
Ready to become involved with Thrive Memphis?
That’s awesome! Sign up today!
Questions About Volunteering?
If you don’t find answers here to your questions about volunteer, contact us and let’s talk.
Q: What can I do as a volunteer?
Or if you have an idea for an activity, we’d love to hear about it! Volunteers frequently lead activities, too.
Q: When can I volunteer?
Q: Who can volunteer?
A: Volunteering at Thrive Memphis presents excellent opportunities for high school groups, college groups, clubs, individuals and those with lots of energy.
If you are under the age of 16, be sure to call ahead and get permission from the Executive Director or Program Director. Any volunteers under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign volunteer release of liability forms.
Got questions about getting involved with Thrive Memphis?
No problem! Let’s talk.